THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECTED
In order to provide goods and fulfill our commitment to you we must process information about you. The types of information we collect depend on how you use out Products. The following describes the personal information we collect:
Information and content you provide. We collect the information you provide, which includes communications, name, address, phone number, email address, billing address, ship to address, credit card number, order history, social security number (if applicable). This occurs when you order our Products, including when you sign up for an account, and /or order Products. Our system automatically process content you provide with our Products.
Your Usage. We collect information about how you use our Products, such as the specific customer goods and purchase, how frequently you make such purchases, how they are purchased, and if they are purchased for personal use or on behalf of a customer.
Information about transactions made on our Products. We collect information regarding your purchase or transaction. This includes payment information, such as your credit card or debit card number and other card information; other account and authentication information; and billing, shipping and contact details.
We also collect information that is not personal information such as data relating to your activity on our website. Daiwa Corporation will not disclose a customer’s personal information to a third party except when:
- The customer has agreed to such disclosure.
- When Daiwa Corporation is required to provide such information pursuant to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and /or other relevant laws.
- When the third party has received such personal data (outside party which has been delegated handling of personal information by Daiwa Corporation) shall not be considered “third party” as defined in Article 23 (Restriction of Provision to A Third Party) of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
HOW IS MY INFORMATION USED?
In general, we use the information we collect to provide and support the Daiwa Products and related services. The following describes the specific reasons why we collect the information:
- The purpose of collecting your personal data is to verify the identity of our customers when they use our services and to fulfill your request.
- To deliver products you have purchased from our online store.
- To send you marketing and promotional information.
- To respond to inquiries from the customers of Daiwa Corporation.
- To use such personal information (including pictures received) as material for research, development, test and improve our Products
- To use the information we collect to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Products, and let you know about our policies and terms.
- To use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
- To achieve the purpose specified separately in the specific situation where Daiwa Corporation has obtained such personal information (if any).
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).|
|D. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.|
|E. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
|F. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.|
|G. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.|
|H. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.|
|I. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.|
|J. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.|
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from our employees. For example, from documents that our employees provide to us related to their employment with the Company.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our website. For example, from submissions through our website portal or website usage details collected automatically from applicants for employment and employee activity on the Company website.
- From third-parties that interact with us in connection with the benefits that we offer employees
WHETHER WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We do however, share your personal information with service providers who help us provide and improve our order process through EDI platforms who support our business, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, facilitating orders.
We may also share your personal information if necessary to : (1) comply with federal, state or local laws; (2) comply with civil, criminal , or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal , state or local authorities; (3) cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate federal, state or local law; or (4) exercise or defend legal claims.
* Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you provide us with personal information in order for us to prepare a tax return, we will use that information to prepare the return and submit it to the applicable taxing authorities.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections.
- To improve our website and present its contents to you.
- For testing, research, analysis and product development.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
HOW WE PROTECT YOU PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and exfiltration, theft, or disclosure. Those security procedures and practices include, but are not limited to encryption in transit, limited access computer systems and policies and procedures each employee with computer access is trained on.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information will be retained for the time required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including for the purpose of satisfying legal, professional, contractual, regulatory, accounting or reporting obligations.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 should not use this website. Only adults 18 years or older are permitted to purchase our Products.
RIGHTS OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Beginning January 1, 2020, California residents may exercise certain privacy rights pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) . We describe below your rights if you are a California resident.
RIGHT TO KNOW ABOUT PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED, DISCLOSED, OR SOLD
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we have collected your personal information.
- The business purpose why we collected your information.
- The categories of personal information that we have shared with third parties about you for a business purpose.
* Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us:
You may submit a request for the information about by calling us at 1-800-736-4653, or email@example.com. Once you contact us through one of these channels, we will need to confirm your identity to process your request.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
RIGHTS TO REQUEST DELETION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we collected or maintained about you. Once we receive your request, we will let you know what , if any, personal information we can delete from our records.
There may be circumstances where we cannot delete your personal information. Some of these instances include, but are not limited to, if we need: (1) retain your personal information to complete a transaction or provide goods; (2) exercise free speech or ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right to free speech (3) comply with law ;(4) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent , or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity ;(5) and use your personal information for internal and lawful purposes.
You may submit a request to delete your personal information by calling 1-800-736-4653 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Once you contact us through one of these channels, we will need to confirm your identity to process your claim.
RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF THE SALE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not and will not sell your personal information to third parties. As such, there is no need to submit a request for us to not sell your personal information. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-736-4653.
RIGHT TO NON-DISCRIMINATION FO RTHE EXERCISE OF YORU PRIVACY RIGHTS
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA, as described above.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
You may us an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf to exercise the rights above.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, our Privacy Statement, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.